Area Rug Cleaning (on site or at our facilities)
Pro-Care takes exquisite care of your rugs:
We can clean almost every type of area rug, including Persian and Oriental rugs. Our well trained and certified carpet and area rug technicians take the utmost care. Depending on the specific rug fabric, or your preference, we can clean your area rugs in your home, or take them with us to the cleaning facility to thoroughly clean and refresh them.
- A comprehensive rug inspection
- Removal of excess soil
- A complete wash using modern equipment and IICRC methods
- Stain removal method applied by technician
- A grooming method is applied to bring the piles back to the correct direction
- Climate controlled drying
In cleaning your rugs, we first determine the type of area rug you have. This involves examining how the rug was woven together, the adhesive used to hold the rug together (some rugs do not use an adhesive to keep the weave together), the fabric type, and the type of dye used for coloring the fabric. This allows us to be sure to use the right cleaning solutions that will be tough on the soil but gentle to your rug. Then we'll clean your rug using a method similar to our carpet cleaning process.
What You Can Do To Care for Your Rugs
- Vacuuming a rug weekly will help keep soil from getting ground deep into the fiber.
- Vacuum the back of the rugs in your home a few times per year.
- Since most rugs are on a hardwood floor, sweep the floor often to reduce dust that could gather onto the rug.
- Use a non-slip pad to prevent the rug from scuffing and damaging the floor surface.
- Be sure to clean wet spills from both the rug and the pad, and make sure that both are completely dry before putting them back onto the floor.
Don't throw away your drab area rugs - Contact Pro-Care today for a free evaluation and estimate.